Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Following Your Dreams

hi there!  if you are reading this, you are probably my friends or family or maybe you have just stumbled across my site while looking for something related to cupcakes.  i have finally, after talking about it for months decided to follow my dream and start my own company.


in the pages of this blog, you are going to read a lot about all the ups and downs of a new business, my full time job as mommy, lots of great recipes, diy ideas and hopefully loads of crazy cute party supplies!

the inspiration for cupcakes and lemonade started with the birth of my twin daughters in 2007.  when i was planning their first birthday, i knew that i wanted to do something spectacular to celebrate the first year of their lives.  they were mine and drew's miracle babies and nothing short of the most amazing party would do for them.  i was so disappointed when i started looking for just the right invitation and other touches to make the party special.   so, i decided to design my own.   now, you must know that i have zero experience as a graphic designer and everything that i know or don't know, is all self taught.  i am still learning so much and have so much more to keep learning!

planning parties, party decor, and hosting events has become a passion for me.  i think i follow too many party blogs to even keep up!  i LOVE pink, polka dots, gingham, and anything toile pushes me right over the edge!

after having the twins, we went on to have a third sweet little girl.  my beautiful baby girls, preslee, mason and finley are not only the inspiration, but the motivation behind my company and they even were the ones to name it.  we were playing tea party one day and i asked them their favorite things.  they immediately both agreed, "we love cupcakes and lemonade."  well, there you go!  these girls are just like their momma!

so, with that said, i hope you come back and keep following my blog.  i plan to have new designs up soon and definitely many more by the first of the year.   thanks ahead of time for all your support!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story!! I wish all the best of luck and success. :)

    You definitely have the talent and the look to take you far.

    ReplyDelete