Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wild West Hoe-Down

I LOVE hosting parties!  I look forward to our two big parties every year, our kids Christmas party and the girls birthday party.  Last year, they were obsessed with anything and everything circus, so we did the Vintage Circus Party.  This year, it was cowgirls and horses.  Mommy loves all things vintage,  so, what other possible theme could we do but a Shabby Chic Cowgirl Party.





I searched all summer long for the perfect place to host this party.  Their birthdays are in January so it had to be indoor and heated.  With the unpredictable Maryland winters, I couldn't imagine 30 kids riding horses in the snow!  The minute I walked into Claddagh Manor, I knew that this was the place.  It is absolutely beautiful and Denise, Pat and their entire staff couldn't have been more fun to work with!

When the kids entered the barn, they each got a cowboy/cowgirl hat, a sheriff's badge and a bandana to wear.  They had so much fun in the photo booth all "gussied up."


Everyone in my family helped with this party.  My Dad made the most amazing wooden hobby horses for each child.  We had a table set up for them to decorate them with paints, yarn and fleece for the mane, google eyes and lots of pom poms and sequins.  It was so cool watching how creative they could be!




Next it was time to get your face painted with Shari. 


 Once they had their hats and badges on and their faces painted, it was time to ride.  All the ponies were dressed up with ribbons and glitter, SO CUTE


At this point, most of the kids had really worked up an appetite.  There were so many fun sweets to choose from.  We had a make your own caramel apple bar with all the toppings.  








And then there was the dessert table.  My mom made the most gorgeous tablecloth for the table.  It was burlap with layers and layers of soft ruffles.  So girly and perfect for this party!!









and if you still were a little hungry, you could always make a trip to the "Three Little Cowgirls General Store."



Thank you to all the fabulous vendors that helped to make this party!  Listing you at the bottom isn't enough.  Blog post to come, all about you!

Sorry for all the pics!  It was an amazing party and we had the most amazing photographer there to capture all the special moments.  Kory, of B Chase Photography has photographed my family and a ton of parties for me.  I can't say enough about her!  Thank you again Kory for a great day!  Can't wait until our next event together!

I have to say this is the first party that I have ever hosted that I haven't looked back and said, "wish I would have done this or changed that a bit."  The whole day was perfect!   From the venue, the vendors, the kids, the entire day.  And you want to know the best part?  Celebrating another amazing year with my babies.  It's hard to believe that they are 5, 5 and 3 already.  


Preslee, Mason and Finley, Mommy and Daddy love you so much!  Happy, Happy Birthday!
Preslee, "Mommy, you are the best party maker ever."  Now, that my friends, made my whole day!

Vendors 

My mom for your fab sewing skills.  The girls twirls skirts, the bandana table runners and the GORGEOUS ruffled tablecloth set the tone for the whole party.  And Dad for making 30 hobby horses. It was a lot of work!  The kids loved it and watching them have races with their horses was so cute! Thank you so much!!!





10 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! So, so cute!!! Way to go Momma!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great party! I'm so excited to see it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Everything looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!!! This is one amazing party! Every single detail is stunning! Such very very lucky girls!...and friends who got to come! :-)
    gatheredinthekitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, so cute, the indoor barn/arena was a perfect setting for this party. 3 very lucky little girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri! It was such an amazing setting for the party! My girls loved it!

      Delete
  6. This is adorable! I love it! Great job!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura this was the most amazing party I've ever been to. Thank you so much for inviting us to help it. Everything was beautiful. You did an awesome job. So vintage and so girly.

    ReplyDelete