Thursday, January 27, 2011

Amazing Talent


When my twins were 18 months old, my hubby and I FINALLY decided that it would be OK to leave them for a night and go out.  No one else had ever put them to bed at night except for us and no one had ever even watched them for more than a few hours except family, until we met Marissa.   There was an instant connection and the girls love her as much as she loves them.   Long story short, over the last 2 ½ years, she has become family. 

Marissa graduated from art school last summer and has started getting her portfolio together and working on getting her name out there.   She has drawn and painted several things for the girls over the years and to say she is talented is an understatement.    She told me that she wanted to paint a picture of Finley and could I send her a photo that she could use.    I knew it would be amazing, but I had no idea what to expect.   I will let you decide for yourself.   Here’s the picture I sent her:




And here is what she sent me in return:



Isn’t it absolutely beautiful?  I was completely floored! Being able to paint like this is just pure talent!

Check out Marissa’s Etsy shop.  She is running a special right now and is doing only 10 commissioned paintings.   You HAVE to own one!

No comments:

Post a Comment